This function will launch a file using the settings you specify.
is the specific method you wish to use to start the external file. If not specified, the default "Open" Will be used. Possible action values are:
- will open the file using the default associated application
- will also open the file, but it will be launched in hidden mode (not user viewable)
- print a file using the default printer
- open an explorer window (used to display the contents of folders)
is the complete filename to where the file can be found, you can omit the dir part if this file can be found on the system paths.
(optional) are the set of switches that you can pass along as command line parameters when executing the file.
(optional) is the location that you wish to specify as your default work directory.
The script will NOT
wait (pause) for the launched file or application to be closed before continuing to process the remaining commands.
In this example we can open an exporer window and pass in the name of the folder to open and do not wait for the executable to finish.
- has a similar behavior but will wait for the application to be finished before
it will continue with the script processing.