Use this function to download files from a network server to the local machine.
- It is assumed that both machines (local and remote) are prepared for this operation.
- No checks are done to ensure that the local machine is online or that is has enough disk space to download the file.
- The remote server must also be accessible and the file must be available for download.
- Only direct download links are accepted, dynamic internet pages are not valid.
MD5 check is an additional parameter that can be added to ensure that your file matches a security check based on the MD5 hash calculation.
- This is an optional parameter, only needed for cases when it is important to only accept a file that passes on this download integrity test.
- If a file fails this test it won't be copied over to the final destination as FileOnDisk.
The optional parameters of Ask
are only used if enabled
, and if enabled, will display a question dialog box, and wait for a response. This can be used to let the user skip over a download operation.
- To use this feature, the line "Ask before WebGet" in the Winbuilder Tab TOOLS\OPTIONS has to be checked.
- To use optional timeout, the line "Use Timeout when asking" in the Winbuilder Tab TOOLS\OPTIONS has to be checked.
If the target filename folder doesn't exist, it will be created. If a file already exists it will be overwritten (read WebGetIfnotExist
for alternative behavior)
In this example we download the file iview423.zip from server foo.com to the folder c:\IrfanView\iview423.zip
- only if MD5sum is fd490d07cc236cb44ef29abfd9daf13d
- with a question dialog's text string displaying 'ZIP-file'
- and automatically accept the dialog (i.e. timeout) after 10 seconds